Skip to main content

Cake, Mad Scientists, and a Hoof

 Happy Friday! I am having a very happy Easter, and I hope you are too.


The other day, I was deeply disturbed to learn of a new-to-me Pepsi flavor... Peep flavored Pepsi. Absolutely not. Nope. Never. Mind you, I've never liked Peeps anyway, but to mix that and Pepsi? No thanks.

Here's an article about it from Food & Wine:


Besides finishing the right hand side of this band (yay!) I've also started stitching the unicorn. Voila:


Hoof, tail, and a bit of his rear. Also, check out that flower and clover. I like the way the flower at the top is bright red.

The top and bottom part of this band is wonderfully repetitive. It's quick to stitch, and looks amazing when it's done.

This time I have a movie recommendation for you. It's called, "Sachetorte." It's not only the name of the movie, but according to Wikipedia it's also:

[A] chocolate cake, or torte, of Austrian origin

Once you watch the movie, you'll understand why it's named after a cake. This is definitely a Rom-Com. The hotel where a good portion of the movie is set is a real hotel with a very grand history. Here’s a link where you can learn more. Beware; you’ll want to eat a slice of Sachetorte when you’re finished watching. It's a really fun movie and I hope you like it. Here's a link to IMDB where you can find all the places it's available for streaming.

Happy stitching!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Secret Doors, a New Chart, and a Tree

  Photo by  Stefan Steinbauer  on  Unsplash Do you know what I've always wanted? A secret door. And not just any secret door, but a secret door that looks like a bookcase. How cool would it be to wander through your house, and make a detour to your secret reading nook, that's nestled behind your secret door? I've heard that they sell them at places like Lowe's, so who knows, maybe one day I'll get one. It would be the perfect addition to the castle! While I don't have a secret door (sigh!) I do have a new listing in my Etsy shop. Behold! Here's a smaller sized, Irish inspired cross stitch monogram sampler. Motifs included throughout the design are classic Irish themes such as a shamrock, a harp, flowers associated with St. Brigid, Celtic knots, and Celtic bands. Perfect as desk or home decor to display your Irish pride. Great present for Irish friends or loved ones. In the pictured model above, the initials "A.Q." have been stitched. In the chart t...