Skip to main content

A Crown, Initials, and Monsters

 

Photo by Bjorn Snelders on Unsplash


Happy Tuesday!

Finally getting some May sunshine here at the Castle. Some Black Eyed Susans have started to bloom, and volunteer tomatoes have decided to grow in the raised beds. Not having a good time getting my Italian Eggplant seeds to germinate, but I bought a new seed packet so hopefully those will have better germination.

The last time I shared a WIP update, the crown wasn’t finished. This time, I finished the crown, and made much more progress on the shield and that bottommost band: 

Do you see that backstitch near the Unicorn’s hoof? It was such a joy to stitch! I used one strand of floss instead of two. After pondering this for a bit, I’ve decided not to stitch my initials and the year on the shield. Maybe I’ll do some tiny backstitch at the very bottom when I’ve completed it, but I’m not feeling it for seeing my initials in the middle of the finished project. It’s not that I hate the way the initials would look (they're lovely!) it’s just my personal preference on this.

It's been very busy here at the Castle, so I haven't made too much progress this month on this WIP. However, I'll be setting aside more stitching time starting this week, so stay tuned for more substantial WIP updates!

Now for something funny I saw on Instagram: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading