Skip to main content

Irish Charts and Roses

 

Photo by Oleksandr Kuzmin on Unsplash


Spring is in the air here at the Castle. The Castle Rose Garden looks like it's getting ready to burst into bloom at the first spell of continuous warm weather. Inside the Castle I’ve been busily stitching away at Nikolai. The days aren’t super bright yet, so I have had to use my lamp. My apologies for the semi-darkness of this photo:


Everything looks a bit washed out, but I assure you that in real life there are plenty of very nice colors in this project! I’m thinking that I’ll put Nikolai away at the end of March / beginning of April. By then, my goal is to have the column I’m currently working on finished at the very least. Hopefully I’ll have started another column. My next project will most likely be Medieval Menagerie again. It’s my focus right now, because I really want that hanging on my wall. I think a dark colored frame would complement the garnet floss and the ivory fabric.

Can you believe that St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner? If you want to celebrate the day with some Irish-themed cross stitch or give a gift to someone in your life who's Irish, I've got you covered!


Here's a link to my Irish Charts post.


Sometimes you just need to listen to a good Waltz. Here's some Tchaikovsky to stitch to. (Caution: it's very catchy and dreamy to listen to. You may lose track of where you are in your chart if you listen to this while stitching!)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Secret Doors, a New Chart, and a Tree

  Photo by  Stefan Steinbauer  on  Unsplash Do you know what I've always wanted? A secret door. And not just any secret door, but a secret door that looks like a bookcase. How cool would it be to wander through your house, and make a detour to your secret reading nook, that's nestled behind your secret door? I've heard that they sell them at places like Lowe's, so who knows, maybe one day I'll get one. It would be the perfect addition to the castle! While I don't have a secret door (sigh!) I do have a new listing in my Etsy shop. Behold! Here's a smaller sized, Irish inspired cross stitch monogram sampler. Motifs included throughout the design are classic Irish themes such as a shamrock, a harp, flowers associated with St. Brigid, Celtic knots, and Celtic bands. Perfect as desk or home decor to display your Irish pride. Great present for Irish friends or loved ones. In the pictured model above, the initials "A.Q." have been stitched. In the chart t...