Skip to main content

Irish Charts and Roses

 

Photo by Oleksandr Kuzmin on Unsplash


Spring is in the air here at the Castle. The Castle Rose Garden looks like it's getting ready to burst into bloom at the first spell of continuous warm weather. Inside the Castle I’ve been busily stitching away at Nikolai. The days aren’t super bright yet, so I have had to use my lamp. My apologies for the semi-darkness of this photo:


Everything looks a bit washed out, but I assure you that in real life there are plenty of very nice colors in this project! I’m thinking that I’ll put Nikolai away at the end of March / beginning of April. By then, my goal is to have the column I’m currently working on finished at the very least. Hopefully I’ll have started another column. My next project will most likely be Medieval Menagerie again. It’s my focus right now, because I really want that hanging on my wall. I think a dark colored frame would complement the garnet floss and the ivory fabric.

Can you believe that St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner? If you want to celebrate the day with some Irish-themed cross stitch or give a gift to someone in your life who's Irish, I've got you covered!


Here's a link to my Irish Charts post.


Sometimes you just need to listen to a good Waltz. Here's some Tchaikovsky to stitch to. (Caution: it's very catchy and dreamy to listen to. You may lose track of where you are in your chart if you listen to this while stitching!)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth of July Freebie

Happy Independence Day! Hope everyone had a lovely Fourth of July! Posting this a few days late, but if you still have that patriotic Independence Day spirit, and a need to stitch something along those lines, click the link and stitch away. Or add it to your stash for next year :) The link to the chart is here Happy Stitching! Marisol

The Sun, Palace Dwellers, and Books

You know how it is. When you look at Etsy, browse a bit, find an amazing chart... BAM! Suddenly, your project pile (that you just promised to stop growing) is in sudden need of a new chart. Here's what I saw. Hobbiton looks amazing, but I want Rohan too. Okay, so this one needs to go on my rotation as well... I might need more project bags and Q Snaps.  Exciting developments this week on the Mystery band sampler by Linen & Threads! I'll let the picture speak for itself: The sun has arrived, and the first dragon has too! Now I can start brainstorming a name for it. Leave a comment below if you have any ideas.  You know how when you go on city tours, the tour guide lifts her umbrella and says, "Follow the umbrella! This way please!" Well, follow the umbrella to the next WIP, Paris Market: Isn't the 10 x 10 method remarkable? You can cover a TON of ground in no time flat. This part of the chart is almost exclusively half stitches as well, so that has something to

Ginger Ale, Halloween Treats, and a Dog

Happy Tuesday! We need to have a serious discussion about how underrated Ginger Ale is. I think that most people will only reach for the bubbly beverage when they feel ill, but I like the taste all the time. It could be because I like the taste of ginger in general, especially Gin Gins (a delicious ginger candy with amazing illustrations of Ginger People on the bag;  the link is HERE for those of you who are interested ). The flavor isn’t the only appealing thing. Think about it; the bubbles, the crisp, clean flavor that you don’t get after drinking a Coke, and that champagne-like color all combine to make it one of my favorite drinks. Full disclosure- I’m sipping a can of one right now as I write this post. Making some steady progress on Trick-Or-Treat Moon:  Filling in the pale yellow on the face was super quick. I think I was off one somewhere on the word “Treat” at the top, but it won’t make a big difference, so I won’t worry about ripping it out. It’s such a treat (haha, there’s a