Skip to main content

Fall Fun, Loads of Backstitch, and a Finish

 

Photo by Fallon Michael on Unsplash

Fall Fun

Happy October, dear readers! I love this month so very much. It’s a fun month, and unlike the beginning of September, which still has a bit of summer lounging around, by the time October is here, I feel well and truly in the middle of Fall. I’ve been reading some Gothic novels, and plan on adding to my Spooky Season ambience by watching some scary movies too.

Here’s something really fun for Fall, found via Pinterest:


These are my choices: Pumpkin pie (I love apple pie, but prefer pumpkin), trick or treating, cozy sweater, hot apple cider, corn maze, by the lake (preferably in a very comfortable cabin), carve pumpkins, Halloween movie marathon (with my favorite foods and drinks), baking cookies, picking apples, Thanksgiving at home, cabin getaway, football game, pumpkin patch, Oktoberfest celebration, cranberry sauce, Fall scented candles, scarves.

What are your choices?



WIP Updates

Once Upon a Time

If I had a drummer, they would be doing a drum roll here, because I finished Once Upon a Time! 

Once Upon a Time by EmnEllie on Etsy

I had a great time designing this one, and I’m very happy with how it turned out! This isn’t the last you’ll see of this pattern either, as I plan on making it into a bag to hold by Kindle. Stay tuned!

I made a video on YouTube if you’d like to see my progress from start to finish:


If you’d like to buy this chart, here’s the link to the pattern in my Etsy shop, it’s available instantly as a PDF: Here's the link 

Trick or Treat Moon

I was focusing on a finish with Once Upon a Time, so I didn’t get as much backstitch done on this chart as I would have liked. But still, every bit of backstitch brings me closer to a finish! 



 


Those letters are amazing! I love the way the designer made them so whimsical. I also backstitched around the various pieces of candy corn, but the backstitch isn’t really visible. Neither is the backstitch around the outline of the moon, but I assure you, there is backstitch there. When I stitched the cat’s face, I used more floss than was called for in the chart because I wanted the cat to have luxurious whiskers. My next order of business will be to stitch the backstitch for the word, “October,” at the bottom of the design. With renewed focus, and some entertaining podcasts, I’ll have a finish by my next post. Hopefully!

The Odyssey

Reading the Odyssey is nice. Do you know what else is nice? Stitching the Odyssey! 



 I designed this one a while ago and have decided that it’s high time I stitched it. Behold, the floss, the fabric, the Q-Snap, all ready for stitching: 

Unlike Penelope’s work, this one will get done soon!

If you'd like to stitch this chart, the link to my Etsy shop is here: Link is here.



What’s New in the Shop 


The image above says it all. Here’s the link to my shop.

Need a bookmark for when you get lost in your latest Fantasy read? I’ve got you covered: 


 Here’s the link to the pattern in my Etsy shop: Link is here.



Odds & Ends

Did you know that baby beaver is called a “kit?” I didn’t, and I think that’s an adorable name. If I ever befriend a beaver, I shall name him Christopher, so I can keep calling him Kit.

Here’s a freebie for cozy season readers (I plan on designing a Sense and Sensibility one soon too!) 


I would love to try this! 


 Happy stitching, and see you next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading