Skip to main content

Shop Update #4

What's New in the Shop!

 

 

Mini Spring Triptych


Spring Triptych by EmnEllie

Stitch this quick little design for the Springtime. From left to right; strawberries, a bluebird, and a watering can. I used variegated floss to achieve the shading effect of the vines, flower blossoms, bluebird, and the watering can.

I stitched this on 18 count ivory aida.

Stitch count is 94 wide x 37 high.

I used DMC floss, and the numbers are; 92, 107, 310, 121, 53

Finished size is approximately 5 1/4" wide x 2" high ( 13.3 cm wide by 5.2 cm high ) on 18 count aida.


Red Band Sampler 1

 

Red Band Sampler 1 by EmnEllie

Decided to make a traditional band sampler again!

Stitch Count is 100 x 138

The pictured model was stitched on 18 count Ivory Aida.

Finished size on 18 count aida is approximately 5-1/2 inches (14.1cm) wide x 7-3/4 inches (19.5cm) high.


Mini Ship Sampler

 

Mini Ship Sampler by EmnEllie

The moon and stars are shining in the night sky; a cheerful fire blazes in a tall house that overlooks the sea; smoke puffs out of the chimney over the tempestuous waters. A ship floats on the waves, while fish splash out of the water.

Information about this sampler:

Stitch count is 80w x 80h

Finished size on 18 count aida is approximately 4-1/2 inches (11.3cm) wide x 4-1/2 inches (11.3cm) high

One color of floss is used throughout, DMC 3750 Very Dark Antique Blue

The fabric used in the picture model above is white 18 count aida

 

That's All!

 

See you next time! And until then,

Happy Stitching,

Marisol 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Secret Doors, a New Chart, and a Tree

  Photo by  Stefan Steinbauer  on  Unsplash Do you know what I've always wanted? A secret door. And not just any secret door, but a secret door that looks like a bookcase. How cool would it be to wander through your house, and make a detour to your secret reading nook, that's nestled behind your secret door? I've heard that they sell them at places like Lowe's, so who knows, maybe one day I'll get one. It would be the perfect addition to the castle! While I don't have a secret door (sigh!) I do have a new listing in my Etsy shop. Behold! Here's a smaller sized, Irish inspired cross stitch monogram sampler. Motifs included throughout the design are classic Irish themes such as a shamrock, a harp, flowers associated with St. Brigid, Celtic knots, and Celtic bands. Perfect as desk or home decor to display your Irish pride. Great present for Irish friends or loved ones. In the pictured model above, the initials "A.Q." have been stitched. In the chart t...