Skip to main content

Secret Doors, a New Chart, and a Tree

 

Photo by Stefan Steinbauer on Unsplash


Do you know what I've always wanted? A secret door. And not just any secret door, but a secret door that looks like a bookcase. How cool would it be to wander through your house, and make a detour to your secret reading nook, that's nestled behind your secret door? I've heard that they sell them at places like Lowe's, so who knows, maybe one day I'll get one. It would be the perfect addition to the castle!

While I don't have a secret door (sigh!) I do have a new listing in my Etsy shop. Behold!




Here's a smaller sized, Irish inspired cross stitch monogram sampler. Motifs included throughout the design are classic Irish themes such as a shamrock, a harp, flowers associated with St. Brigid, Celtic knots, and Celtic bands.

Perfect as desk or home decor to display your Irish pride. Great present for Irish friends or loved ones.

In the pictured model above, the initials "A.Q." have been stitched. In the chart that is sent to you, those initials will not be there. Instead, you can personalize the sampler with the included alphabet.

Size is 62 stitches wide x 65 stitches high

On 32 count evenweave or linen stitched over 2 the approximate finished size would be 3-3/4 inches (9.8cm) wide x 4 inches (10.3cm) high

If you are interested in this Etsy listing, click this link here to purchase this digital download chart.

Moving on to my WIP update, I have a good amount of progress to share.



That grey blob in the middle of that left-most column is a tree. I had no idea I was stitching a tree this whole time!

In my last post, I said that I would put Nikolai away in the beginning of April. So far, it’s still the beginning of April, but I don’t want to put him away until I reach the bottom of this column. After that, I’m definitely going to bring back Medieval Menagerie from the drawer in my sewing room. It’s been calling to me, and I really really, want to see this hanging on my wall.


That’s all I have for now. See you next time and happy stitching!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth of July Freebie

Happy Independence Day! Hope everyone had a lovely Fourth of July! Posting this a few days late, but if you still have that patriotic Independence Day spirit, and a need to stitch something along those lines, click the link and stitch away. Or add it to your stash for next year :) The link to the chart is here Happy Stitching! Marisol

The Sun, Palace Dwellers, and Books

You know how it is. When you look at Etsy, browse a bit, find an amazing chart... BAM! Suddenly, your project pile (that you just promised to stop growing) is in sudden need of a new chart. Here's what I saw. Hobbiton looks amazing, but I want Rohan too. Okay, so this one needs to go on my rotation as well... I might need more project bags and Q Snaps.  Exciting developments this week on the Mystery band sampler by Linen & Threads! I'll let the picture speak for itself: The sun has arrived, and the first dragon has too! Now I can start brainstorming a name for it. Leave a comment below if you have any ideas.  You know how when you go on city tours, the tour guide lifts her umbrella and says, "Follow the umbrella! This way please!" Well, follow the umbrella to the next WIP, Paris Market: Isn't the 10 x 10 method remarkable? You can cover a TON of ground in no time flat. This part of the chart is almost exclusively half stitches as well, so that has something to

Ginger Ale, Halloween Treats, and a Dog

Happy Tuesday! We need to have a serious discussion about how underrated Ginger Ale is. I think that most people will only reach for the bubbly beverage when they feel ill, but I like the taste all the time. It could be because I like the taste of ginger in general, especially Gin Gins (a delicious ginger candy with amazing illustrations of Ginger People on the bag;  the link is HERE for those of you who are interested ). The flavor isn’t the only appealing thing. Think about it; the bubbles, the crisp, clean flavor that you don’t get after drinking a Coke, and that champagne-like color all combine to make it one of my favorite drinks. Full disclosure- I’m sipping a can of one right now as I write this post. Making some steady progress on Trick-Or-Treat Moon:  Filling in the pale yellow on the face was super quick. I think I was off one somewhere on the word “Treat” at the top, but it won’t make a big difference, so I won’t worry about ripping it out. It’s such a treat (haha, there’s a