Skip to main content

Of Hobbits, Fireplaces, and Wip Updates

It's Wintertime

And lately the weather has gotten it's act together. Nothing but cold windy weather in the forecast for the next few days. Call me crazy, but I like cold weather around Christmas, not muggy warm weather. Go figure, right? 

If you want to get into the season too, but the weather where you're at is being contrarian, I recommend this YouTube video. Play it on your TV for maximum effect! 

Around winter, I always have the desire to read The Lord of the Rings. Great books, and it just feels right to be curled up under a blanket and reading about Hobbits, Elves, and Rings. So I started the Fellowship of the Ring recently. Do you like winter reading too? 

Russian Hunting and Irish Cottage Sampler

It's not all fireplaces and Hobbits around here. There's been stitching too! 

Progress on Russian Hunting:

Sorry about the lighting, it's a pretty overcast day. 

I can see a tree! See it? In the upper right hand corner? That's the uppermost part of the chart, so I made a left turn and started working down for my next 10x10 column. I don't think I'll ever stitch a full coverage chart differently ever again. This makes it so much easier to stitch, and follow the chart. 

Irish Cottage Sampler is a tentative name for the latest Etsy shop chart. I like it, but who knows? Maybe I'll choose another name in the end. 

Progress so far:

What do you think? It will be a chart that you can add your surname to. Maybe something to hang by the front door. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading