Skip to main content

4 Cross Stitch Patterns for Readers

 

4 Cross Stitch Patterns for Readers

Here are four cross stitch patterns for readers of all ages. Whether you're on the lookout for a bookish Christmas ornament, trying to gift something to a reader, or you're looking for decor for your bookshelves or your favorite reading spot, read on (see what I did there?) to find that perfect book cross stitch pattern. 


My Library Cross Stitch Pattern by EmnEllie

This is a great chart for all bookworms, with motifs inspired by Victorian wallpaper and the covers of vintage books.

The link to purchase this chart is here. 


Jane Austen Regency Silhouettes Cross Stitch Pattern by EmnEllie

Period piece fans, I've got you covered. Here are two (yes, two!) free cross stitch patterns inspired by the great Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy. They are designed to look like classic silhouettes.

The link to the charts is here. 


Owl and the Pussycat Cross Stitch Pattern by EmnEllie

Poetry and cross stitch go together like butter and toast. When I read this whimsical poem by Edward Lear, I knew I had to make it into a whimsical cross stitch design. This would be a charming addition to a child's bedroom, a nursery, a playroom, or a reading nook. But if you are an adult and want to hang this up, I say go for it. In my opinion, it's a poem for all ages.

The link to the chart is here. 


Late Night Reader Cross Stitch bookmark pattern by EmnEllie

This pattern has a Charles Dickens-meets-pixel art design. While I intended it to be made into a cross stitch bookmark, this chart is very versatile. You could make it into a Christmas ornament or frame it and place it on a bookshelf.

The link to the chart is here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Secret Doors, a New Chart, and a Tree

  Photo by  Stefan Steinbauer  on  Unsplash Do you know what I've always wanted? A secret door. And not just any secret door, but a secret door that looks like a bookcase. How cool would it be to wander through your house, and make a detour to your secret reading nook, that's nestled behind your secret door? I've heard that they sell them at places like Lowe's, so who knows, maybe one day I'll get one. It would be the perfect addition to the castle! While I don't have a secret door (sigh!) I do have a new listing in my Etsy shop. Behold! Here's a smaller sized, Irish inspired cross stitch monogram sampler. Motifs included throughout the design are classic Irish themes such as a shamrock, a harp, flowers associated with St. Brigid, Celtic knots, and Celtic bands. Perfect as desk or home decor to display your Irish pride. Great present for Irish friends or loved ones. In the pictured model above, the initials "A.Q." have been stitched. In the chart t...