Skip to main content

Plum Pudding, a Free Chart, and a Band Sampler

 

Photo by Matt Seymour on Unsplash

My local classical music station has been serenading me with Christmas music and carols this month. It’s absolutely wonderful.


While I might not be posting to the blog very much over the 12 Days of Christmas, I do plan on kicking back and watching a Christmas special from my favorite shows for each of the 12 Days. With a hot beverage and a warm blanket, of course.


We’ve stocked the Castle Larder with Turkey, so we’ll be eating a lot of Turkey. Lots and lots of Turkey, in addition to the absolutely essential metric ton of Christmas cookies.


All this talk of Christmas food since December began has inspired me to start designing a Christmas pudding chart for next year. While I’ve never had a traditional Christmas pudding that gets set on fire (really) I would absolutely be game for trying one out.

This video shows you how to make one, and gives a fascinating history of the dish as well. 



Stitching continues on the Lion.


Medieval Menagerie by Fox and Rabbit Designs 


I think I can finish this band before the New Year. We’ll see! I really want to start stitching on Nikolai again. All that snow, and a nice winter scene is perfect for right now.


Here’s a sneak peek of my latest design. I decided to make another band sampler:



It may not look like much now, but it’s getting there. Band samplers are a ton of fun to stitch, and even more fun to design.

I can’t tell you all how happy I am that you read my blog posts. As a thank you and an early Christmas present, here’s a freebie chart!


Link to the free chart is here.


Merry Christmas and happy stitching! See you all in the New Year!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading