Skip to main content

Affogato, Another Finished Column, and Spelling

 

Photo by Tim Mossholder on Unsplash

Good morning! Can you believe that it's already February? For me, it's the trickiest month to spell. It's that extra "r," that makes it tough to spell and tough to say.


In my last post, a very optimistic me said that I was hoping to finish a column on Nikolai before Valentine's Day. This time, I will make optimistic me very proud, for I indeed finished that column:


Hurrah! Now I can step to the left and start a new column. Who knows? Maybe I can reach the edge of the chart before I put Nikolai away until next Winter.


In other cross stitch news, I've added a new chart to my Etsy shop. Meet "Classic Monogram Sampler."

 

Classic Monogram Sampler by EmnEllie

Here's a smaller, classic, cross stitch monogram sampler. Stitch this in an elegant black floss, as pictured above, or use a different color, or colors. The motifs appear intricate but aren't very difficult to stitch. Perfect as desk or home decor. Great present for friends or loved ones.


Stitch count is 65 x 65


Finished size on 18 count aida is approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.2cm) wide x 3-3/4 inches (9.2cm) high


In the pictured model above, the initials "E.B." have been stitched. In the chart that is sent to you, those initials will not be there. Instead, you can personalize the sampler with the included alphabet.


This listing is for a digital download cross stitch chart of the pictured cross stitch above. Nothing will be physically sent to you.


I've been much more organized, and have a whole checklist of new charts that I'll release this year. Keep an eye out for freebies too!


If you've been reading my newsletter for awhile, it's no secret that I love coffee, and I love ice cream. Well, the Italians love eating them at the same time, and now I want to try affogato. Here's a really tasty recipe from Taste of Home.


I don't have an espresso machine, so I'll be using a French Press instead, like the recipe allows for. It won't be a true espresso, but you have to work with what you have, you know? Since the weather has turned exceptionally chilly again, I shall not contemplate an affogato until it’s warmer out.


Will you be having an affogato too?


Happy stitching!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading