Skip to main content

Affogato, Another Finished Column, and Spelling

 

Photo by Tim Mossholder on Unsplash

Good morning! Can you believe that it's already February? For me, it's the trickiest month to spell. It's that extra "r," that makes it tough to spell and tough to say.


In my last post, a very optimistic me said that I was hoping to finish a column on Nikolai before Valentine's Day. This time, I will make optimistic me very proud, for I indeed finished that column:


Hurrah! Now I can step to the left and start a new column. Who knows? Maybe I can reach the edge of the chart before I put Nikolai away until next Winter.


In other cross stitch news, I've added a new chart to my Etsy shop. Meet "Classic Monogram Sampler."

 

Classic Monogram Sampler by EmnEllie

Here's a smaller, classic, cross stitch monogram sampler. Stitch this in an elegant black floss, as pictured above, or use a different color, or colors. The motifs appear intricate but aren't very difficult to stitch. Perfect as desk or home decor. Great present for friends or loved ones.


Stitch count is 65 x 65


Finished size on 18 count aida is approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.2cm) wide x 3-3/4 inches (9.2cm) high


In the pictured model above, the initials "E.B." have been stitched. In the chart that is sent to you, those initials will not be there. Instead, you can personalize the sampler with the included alphabet.


This listing is for a digital download cross stitch chart of the pictured cross stitch above. Nothing will be physically sent to you.


I've been much more organized, and have a whole checklist of new charts that I'll release this year. Keep an eye out for freebies too!


If you've been reading my newsletter for awhile, it's no secret that I love coffee, and I love ice cream. Well, the Italians love eating them at the same time, and now I want to try affogato. Here's a really tasty recipe from Taste of Home.


I don't have an espresso machine, so I'll be using a French Press instead, like the recipe allows for. It won't be a true espresso, but you have to work with what you have, you know? Since the weather has turned exceptionally chilly again, I shall not contemplate an affogato until it’s warmer out.


Will you be having an affogato too?


Happy stitching!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth of July Freebie

Happy Independence Day! Hope everyone had a lovely Fourth of July! Posting this a few days late, but if you still have that patriotic Independence Day spirit, and a need to stitch something along those lines, click the link and stitch away. Or add it to your stash for next year :) The link to the chart is here Happy Stitching! Marisol

The Sun, Palace Dwellers, and Books

You know how it is. When you look at Etsy, browse a bit, find an amazing chart... BAM! Suddenly, your project pile (that you just promised to stop growing) is in sudden need of a new chart. Here's what I saw. Hobbiton looks amazing, but I want Rohan too. Okay, so this one needs to go on my rotation as well... I might need more project bags and Q Snaps.  Exciting developments this week on the Mystery band sampler by Linen & Threads! I'll let the picture speak for itself: The sun has arrived, and the first dragon has too! Now I can start brainstorming a name for it. Leave a comment below if you have any ideas.  You know how when you go on city tours, the tour guide lifts her umbrella and says, "Follow the umbrella! This way please!" Well, follow the umbrella to the next WIP, Paris Market: Isn't the 10 x 10 method remarkable? You can cover a TON of ground in no time flat. This part of the chart is almost exclusively half stitches as well, so that has something to

Ginger Ale, Halloween Treats, and a Dog

Happy Tuesday! We need to have a serious discussion about how underrated Ginger Ale is. I think that most people will only reach for the bubbly beverage when they feel ill, but I like the taste all the time. It could be because I like the taste of ginger in general, especially Gin Gins (a delicious ginger candy with amazing illustrations of Ginger People on the bag;  the link is HERE for those of you who are interested ). The flavor isn’t the only appealing thing. Think about it; the bubbles, the crisp, clean flavor that you don’t get after drinking a Coke, and that champagne-like color all combine to make it one of my favorite drinks. Full disclosure- I’m sipping a can of one right now as I write this post. Making some steady progress on Trick-Or-Treat Moon:  Filling in the pale yellow on the face was super quick. I think I was off one somewhere on the word “Treat” at the top, but it won’t make a big difference, so I won’t worry about ripping it out. It’s such a treat (haha, there’s a