Skip to main content

Sparkling Water, a Bookworm Chart, and a Phone Stand Pillow

 


Sparkling Water

Sparkling water is absolutely delicious. It’s Summertime here at the Castle, so anything that can make the Summer a little less hot, and a little more refreshing is always a welcome addition to the Castle pantry. I’m very fortunate in that my local grocery store has a wide variety of flavors available. I prefer the unsweetened ones. My most recent favorites have been Lemon (a classic), and strawberry (very tasty, and the can is pretty too). As I’m writing this, I’m sipping on an orange flavored one. It tastes like a healthier version of Fanta. Like if Fanta had a cousin who was really into fitness.

A Bookworm Chart

I’ve added a new chart to my shop:


My Library by EmnEllie

This is a great cross stitch chart for all bookworms! With motifs inspired by Victorian wallpaper and the covers of vintage books, you can use this as decor for your bookshelves or add it to your favorite reading spot. You could make it for yourself or gift it to someone who loves reading.


Here are some ways that you can finish this chart:


1. Display it in an embroidery hoop.

2. Frame it in a picture frame.

3. Make it into a Christmas ornament.


Chart dimensions:

Stitch count: 56 wide x 56 high

On 14 count aida: 4 inches (10.2cm) wide x 4 inches (10.2cm) high

If you would like to purchase the PDF for this chart, click this link here to go to my Etsy shop.


WIP Update

Medieval Menagerie by EmnEllie

It’s happening! The phoenix is almost done! Also, I’ve had a page finish since my last blog post. That backstitch on the phoenix’s head feathers was very fun to stitch. The next big motif after the phoenix is the egg - which will be stitched in gold floss. It’s just too tempting not to stitch it in something like Kreinik. To see where the egg is in the design, this is what the chart looks like when it’s finished. If I don’t like it in gold, I can always rip it out and use the variegated floss, so stay tuned!

It’s crazy to think that I only have four bands after this phoenix one is finished, and then this project will be done. Since I’ll be taking a break from this chart in October for Trick or Treat Moon, I don’t think I’ll be able to finish this project by the end of the year. In any case, I think I can get two more bands stitched. We’ll see! It’s been a joy working on this one, and I really want to see it hanging on my wall.

Phone Stand Pillow

I stumbled across this really cool idea on Pinterest. It’s a pillow for your phone that acts as a phone stand. How cool is that?




If you prefer written tutorials, here’s a link to it.

I would definitely use this for my phone and my Kindle. Now I have to rummage through the Castle’s fabric room and find some fabric that calls to me. And of course, I’ll be sharing progress updates here as I make the pillow stand. Just imagine relaxing in your chair while your phone / Kindle is relaxing too.

Decor Ideas

Are you on the lookout for inspiration for decorating a child’s bedroom?


Kids' Room Decor Cross Stitch Pattern


Voila! I’ve written a blog post just for you. There are free charts in there, as well as charts available in my Etsy shop.


See you next time, and happy stitching!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Secret Doors, a New Chart, and a Tree

  Photo by  Stefan Steinbauer  on  Unsplash Do you know what I've always wanted? A secret door. And not just any secret door, but a secret door that looks like a bookcase. How cool would it be to wander through your house, and make a detour to your secret reading nook, that's nestled behind your secret door? I've heard that they sell them at places like Lowe's, so who knows, maybe one day I'll get one. It would be the perfect addition to the castle! While I don't have a secret door (sigh!) I do have a new listing in my Etsy shop. Behold! Here's a smaller sized, Irish inspired cross stitch monogram sampler. Motifs included throughout the design are classic Irish themes such as a shamrock, a harp, flowers associated with St. Brigid, Celtic knots, and Celtic bands. Perfect as desk or home decor to display your Irish pride. Great present for Irish friends or loved ones. In the pictured model above, the initials "A.Q." have been stitched. In the chart t...