Skip to main content

3 Housewarming Gift Cross Stitch Patterns

 



So, you want to give someone a gift to congratulate them on their new house or apartment. Here are three cozy cross stitch patterns that are perfect for cross stitchers and non-cross stitchers alike. Make these your next handmade housewarming present or stitch them for your own new apartment or house.

Storybook Welcome 

Storybook Welcome Cross Stitch Chart by EmnEllie



Step into a storybook with this fanciful cross stitch chart. What fairies, Princesses, or magical stories lie behind this door? It could be gifted to a fairy tale fan, or a person who relishes whimsical decor.

On the pictured model above there is the name "Anderson." This name is just used as an example. The chart is customizable. On the chart that is sent to you, there will be a blank space (where the name Anderson pictured above is) so you can stitch any name you like. I have included an alphabet PDF chart that is sent to you. The word "Welcome" is on the chart that is sent to you; however, you could always omit that from your chart if you wish. You could use the included alphabet to write whatever you want.


The sizes on various counts of Linen or Evenweave, stitched over 2 would be approximately:

28 count: 4-1/2 inches (11.6cm) wide x 6-3/4 inches (17.4cm) high

32 count: 4 inches (10.2cm) wide x 6 inches (15.2cm) high

36 count: 3-1/2 inches (9cm) wide x 5-1/4 inches (13.5cm) high

Stitch count is 64 wide x 96 high

This chart is available from my shop as a PDF instant download. The link to my shop is here.


Red Band Sampler


Red Band Sampler Cross Stitch Pattern by EmnEllie



A band sampler is such a classic type of cross stitch.

There’s a large house in the center, with two fanciful trees, two small dogs, and various geometrical motifs to fill out the chart. This sampler is stitched in red floss, but you could easily substitute any floss color you prefer.

Information about this sampler:

Stitch Count is 100 x 138

The pictured model was stitched on 18 count Ivory Aida.

Finished size on 18 count aida is approximately 5-1/2 inches (14.1cm) wide x 7-3/4 inches (19.5cm) high.

In the pictured model above, I added my initials and the year. These initials and the year will not be shown in the chart that is sent to you, I left the space blank so you could add your own initials and year.


This chart is available for free, and you can get it at this link here. 


Home Sweet Home 


Home Sweet Home Cross Stitch Pattern by EmnEllie



This is my cross stitched version of the timeless saying. I tried to incorporate all of the things that remind me of home. Motifs include: My idea of a cozy house, that sign of hospitality the pineapple, some plump birds, and two types of quilt blocks, a pinwheel quilt block and a chain quilt block.


This chart can be personalized too. In the pictured model above, I added initials. The initial at the top, and the year at the bottom will not be shown in the chart that is sent to you, that area will be left blank so that you can insert your own initial and year using the alphabet and number PDF chart that you will also receive.


Stitch count is 90 wide by 90 high.

Finished size on 20 count aida is approximately 11.4 cm by 11.4 cm. ( 4 1/2" by 4 1/2" ).

If you would like to purchase this PDF chart, you can click this link to my shop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Secret Doors, a New Chart, and a Tree

  Photo by  Stefan Steinbauer  on  Unsplash Do you know what I've always wanted? A secret door. And not just any secret door, but a secret door that looks like a bookcase. How cool would it be to wander through your house, and make a detour to your secret reading nook, that's nestled behind your secret door? I've heard that they sell them at places like Lowe's, so who knows, maybe one day I'll get one. It would be the perfect addition to the castle! While I don't have a secret door (sigh!) I do have a new listing in my Etsy shop. Behold! Here's a smaller sized, Irish inspired cross stitch monogram sampler. Motifs included throughout the design are classic Irish themes such as a shamrock, a harp, flowers associated with St. Brigid, Celtic knots, and Celtic bands. Perfect as desk or home decor to display your Irish pride. Great present for Irish friends or loved ones. In the pictured model above, the initials "A.Q." have been stitched. In the chart t...