Skip to main content

3 Housewarming Gift Cross Stitch Patterns

 



So, you want to give someone a gift to congratulate them on their new house or apartment. Here are three cozy cross stitch patterns that are perfect for cross stitchers and non-cross stitchers alike. Make these your next handmade housewarming present or stitch them for your own new apartment or house.

Storybook Welcome 

Storybook Welcome Cross Stitch Chart by EmnEllie



Step into a storybook with this fanciful cross stitch chart. What fairies, Princesses, or magical stories lie behind this door? It could be gifted to a fairy tale fan, or a person who relishes whimsical decor.

On the pictured model above there is the name "Anderson." This name is just used as an example. The chart is customizable. On the chart that is sent to you, there will be a blank space (where the name Anderson pictured above is) so you can stitch any name you like. I have included an alphabet PDF chart that is sent to you. The word "Welcome" is on the chart that is sent to you; however, you could always omit that from your chart if you wish. You could use the included alphabet to write whatever you want.


The sizes on various counts of Linen or Evenweave, stitched over 2 would be approximately:

28 count: 4-1/2 inches (11.6cm) wide x 6-3/4 inches (17.4cm) high

32 count: 4 inches (10.2cm) wide x 6 inches (15.2cm) high

36 count: 3-1/2 inches (9cm) wide x 5-1/4 inches (13.5cm) high

Stitch count is 64 wide x 96 high

This chart is available from my shop as a PDF instant download. The link to my shop is here.


Red Band Sampler


Red Band Sampler Cross Stitch Pattern by EmnEllie



A band sampler is such a classic type of cross stitch.

There’s a large house in the center, with two fanciful trees, two small dogs, and various geometrical motifs to fill out the chart. This sampler is stitched in red floss, but you could easily substitute any floss color you prefer.

Information about this sampler:

Stitch Count is 100 x 138

The pictured model was stitched on 18 count Ivory Aida.

Finished size on 18 count aida is approximately 5-1/2 inches (14.1cm) wide x 7-3/4 inches (19.5cm) high.

In the pictured model above, I added my initials and the year. These initials and the year will not be shown in the chart that is sent to you, I left the space blank so you could add your own initials and year.


This chart is available for free, and you can get it at this link here. 


Home Sweet Home 


Home Sweet Home Cross Stitch Pattern by EmnEllie



This is my cross stitched version of the timeless saying. I tried to incorporate all of the things that remind me of home. Motifs include: My idea of a cozy house, that sign of hospitality the pineapple, some plump birds, and two types of quilt blocks, a pinwheel quilt block and a chain quilt block.


This chart can be personalized too. In the pictured model above, I added initials. The initial at the top, and the year at the bottom will not be shown in the chart that is sent to you, that area will be left blank so that you can insert your own initial and year using the alphabet and number PDF chart that you will also receive.


Stitch count is 90 wide by 90 high.

Finished size on 20 count aida is approximately 11.4 cm by 11.4 cm. ( 4 1/2" by 4 1/2" ).

If you would like to purchase this PDF chart, you can click this link to my shop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jane Eyre, a Horse, and an Irish Harp

Paolo Chiabrando  on Unsplash Happy Tuesday! It's a rainy, windy day here at the Castle. When the wind whistles past the windows, it makes me feel like I'm in Jane Eyre, looking out across a moor. Have you ever read Jane Eyre? It was required reading for me in High School. So, have you ever read a book that's so engrossing that you can't bring yourself to put it down? That's what Jane Eyre was like for me. If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend it! While we're still on this topic, here's a free Jane Eyre cross stitch chart that I found on one of my adventures in the magical land of Pinterest.  < Slow and steady wins the race, as the old saying goes. Here's my progress on Nikolai:  Russian Hunting by Riolis I've reached the other side of the horse's neck and chest! That bit of yellow peeking out on the far left hand side is the background starting to appear again. I believe that black line is one of the horse's reins. Square by

Meet Nikolai, and Eat Mississippi Pot Roast

Meet Nikolai Or at least, meet Nikolai's head.  See that dark block of stitches in the middle? Yes, that is Nikolai's head. He has one of those warm Russian hats on, so he won't catch cold riding through this winter scene.  I really like stitching in 10x10 squares, it's amazed me how much progress one can make when using this method.  Russian hunting is absolutely stunning, but maybe it's time for a change soon. Here's my tentative plan: keep stitching on Russian Hunting until the end of January, then at the beginning of February put it away and start working on one of my other wips. We'll see. Mississippi Pot Roast If you've had this dish, you know it's heavenly. If you haven't had it, you're missing out. Simple as that!  Beef, ranch dressing mix, pepperoncini peppers, and au jus. It sounds like a weird combo, but trust me- it is amazing. One of my all time favorite meals ever.  The flavors mix together beautifully. There's r

Hot Chocolate, a Horse Ear, and Bonbons

  Rachael Gorjestani on Unsplash Happy Hot Chocolate Day! There's nothing quite like a hot, steaming mug of chocolate to brighten up a Winter day. And let me tell you, I need a hot drink here at the Castle. The weather has been absolutely freezing and very dark. Now, getting back to Hot Chocolate, here's a nice article I found that goes into the health benefits and history of that cheerful beverage. And if you're interested in really celebrating today, then here's a free Hot Chocolate PDF cross stitch chart that I designed a while back. The download is an ebook, so you'll get some other beverage themed freebie charts as well. Enjoy! Mind you, I haven't just been sipping mugs of Hot Chocolate and huddling over my heater (only some of the time). I've gotten in a good amount of stitching since my last post. Behold a horse ear:  Russian Hunting by Riolis I'm looking forward to stitching the pinks, yellows, and blues of the sky again. In shop update news,