Skip to main content

Cross Stitch Moon, the Bigger Picture, and Caramel

 


Everything is Caramel


The seasons aren't the only changes here at the Castle. Another thing that's changing is my coffee flavors.  I know it's pumpkin spice season for many (psssttt... if you need a free pumpkin spice cross stitch chart, click here). But it's not really a flavor that I like. Instead, if I could make everything into caramel that would be wonderful. My go-to homemade coffee lately has been a hot cup of instant coffee from Germany, with powdered creamer, no sugar, and an amazing new-to-me salted caramel cold foam. If you're like I was a few weeks ago, and have no idea what cold foam is, here's a great article by the website Fluent in Coffee that describes what it is. The article includes a few recipes, but my grocery store sells a bunch of different flavors in spray cans, of which you guessed it, salted caramel is my absolute favorite. I like using the cold foam on my hot coffee and my iced coffee. Besides being delicious it's quite pretty too.


WIP Update


Here's where I got to on Medieval Menagerie. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish this band before October, but I'm pleased as punch with it anyway.


Medieval Menagerie by Fox and Rabbit Designs



I also took a zoomed-out picture of Medieval Menagerie once I took it out of the Q-Snap. Shall we look at the bigger picture?


Medieval Menagerie by Fox and Rabbit Designs 


Looking good! I always feel a bit regretful putting this one away. It's such a fun stitch, and when else will I be stitching on unicorns, lions, and a phoenix egg? Now that Menagerie is tucked away in its project bag for a while let's take a peek at the next project I'll be working on. Behold:


Trick-Or-Treat Moon


It's just right for Spooky Season. Those colors are so very perfect. I really should finish that cat at the bottom, but I also want to stitch some more of the candy.

Happy stitching, and see you next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jane Eyre, a Horse, and an Irish Harp

Paolo Chiabrando  on Unsplash Happy Tuesday! It's a rainy, windy day here at the Castle. When the wind whistles past the windows, it makes me feel like I'm in Jane Eyre, looking out across a moor. Have you ever read Jane Eyre? It was required reading for me in High School. So, have you ever read a book that's so engrossing that you can't bring yourself to put it down? That's what Jane Eyre was like for me. If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend it! While we're still on this topic, here's a free Jane Eyre cross stitch chart that I found on one of my adventures in the magical land of Pinterest.  < Slow and steady wins the race, as the old saying goes. Here's my progress on Nikolai:  Russian Hunting by Riolis I've reached the other side of the horse's neck and chest! That bit of yellow peeking out on the far left hand side is the background starting to appear again. I believe that black line is one of the horse's reins. Square by

Meet Nikolai, and Eat Mississippi Pot Roast

Meet Nikolai Or at least, meet Nikolai's head.  See that dark block of stitches in the middle? Yes, that is Nikolai's head. He has one of those warm Russian hats on, so he won't catch cold riding through this winter scene.  I really like stitching in 10x10 squares, it's amazed me how much progress one can make when using this method.  Russian hunting is absolutely stunning, but maybe it's time for a change soon. Here's my tentative plan: keep stitching on Russian Hunting until the end of January, then at the beginning of February put it away and start working on one of my other wips. We'll see. Mississippi Pot Roast If you've had this dish, you know it's heavenly. If you haven't had it, you're missing out. Simple as that!  Beef, ranch dressing mix, pepperoncini peppers, and au jus. It sounds like a weird combo, but trust me- it is amazing. One of my all time favorite meals ever.  The flavors mix together beautifully. There's r

Hot Chocolate, a Horse Ear, and Bonbons

  Rachael Gorjestani on Unsplash Happy Hot Chocolate Day! There's nothing quite like a hot, steaming mug of chocolate to brighten up a Winter day. And let me tell you, I need a hot drink here at the Castle. The weather has been absolutely freezing and very dark. Now, getting back to Hot Chocolate, here's a nice article I found that goes into the health benefits and history of that cheerful beverage. And if you're interested in really celebrating today, then here's a free Hot Chocolate PDF cross stitch chart that I designed a while back. The download is an ebook, so you'll get some other beverage themed freebie charts as well. Enjoy! Mind you, I haven't just been sipping mugs of Hot Chocolate and huddling over my heater (only some of the time). I've gotten in a good amount of stitching since my last post. Behold a horse ear:  Russian Hunting by Riolis I'm looking forward to stitching the pinks, yellows, and blues of the sky again. In shop update news,