Skip to main content

Sneak Peek

New Design!

 It's been very busy lately. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I want to start another series. So I did!

 This new series has four designs, all smalls. I plan on releasing them all at once. In other words, you will buy all four designs in one listing. The theme is the four Cardinal Virtues, Prudence, Justice, Fortitude and Temperance.

 Although they are not available yet, I decided to share a behind the scenes picture with you of the first design ( Prudence ).

 Here it is:
The Cardinal Virtues- Prudence
 I think my cardinal has character. Do you like the play on words? This one is a bit different from the other designs I'm working on right now. Much less use of negative space than the Alphabet series. But there is still negative space for his wing!

 When I was watching Liz & Deb on their Country Stitchers Flosstube they mentioned a method they learned from a designer once. Unfortunately, I don't recall that designers name. Anyways, this designer said that you could get a nice effect with variegated floss if instead of stitching a complete cross stitch for each stitch, you make a whole row stitching one leg of the cross and then going back and stitching the other leg of the cross stitch before moving onto your next row. So I tried it on my Linen & Threads Mystery Sampler first and it turned out really well! I have also used it on Prudence. I really like the effect. What do you think?

 I am stitching on Justice right now and when I finish it, I'll be sure to post about it!

 Happy Stitching!

 Marisol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading