Skip to main content

Weekly Cross Stitch Update #9

Podcasts, TV, and Stitching


One of the things that I've been doing a lot of lately is listening to podcasts. I don't have to look up from my cross when I listen to a podcast, like I do when I watch TV.  There are tons of different genres available. History, true crime, science etc.  I use the app,"Stitcher." Nothing to do with cross stitch, but wow! what a fitting name! I think Gary and Vonna were talking about podcasts recently.

However, I still watch TV when I cross stitch. Generally, when I'm stitching on a design for my shop, I listen to podcasts. When I am stitching on my rotation, I watch TV.

I recently saw,"Why Didn't They Ask Evans?" the 1980's version with Francesca Annis. What a production! Top notch acting, great plot; enjoyed every second of it.

Ok, I'll stop boring you now, and move on to the stitching update. 


Progress on Still Life with Tangerines 


Quote from the more optimistic version of myself:

So for this one, I think goals for this week will be to tackle another tangerine (or at least finish the peel of the one I'm currently working on) and stitch another leaf, or some more of the shading. The shading goes pretty fast, because they are half stitches.

Hah! I should really learn to set more realistic goals. But, you know, I'm happy with my progress.

Here's where you saw it last time:

still life with tangerines progress pic
before

And here's where I got to. Nota bene: when I drew it last week, a chunk of the bottom most peel was already stitched.

still life with tangerines progress pic
after!

Tah dah! I really love citrus!


Next in the Rotation is...


Drum roll, drum roll, drum roll...

Wild Card!

Well that's exciting! Technically, I can stitch on more than one thing, since it's a wild card.

Happy Stitching!

Marisol  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading