Skip to main content

Weekly Cross Stitch Update #6

Happy New Year! 


It's 2020! I had a great Christmas Vacation. Pajamas, chocolate, Trivial Pursuit, Midnight Mass, and lots and lots of relaxing. Also, I decided to relearn how to play Backgammon. Tons of fun, very fast paced.

Wild Card Progress

 

On my last update, I drew my Wild Card. I have not drawn another project since December 16th, because I figured that since I was going to be on vacation, I would stitch whatever called to me.

The first project that I worked on was the Linen & Threads Mystery Sampler. The last time you saw it, it looked like this:

Progress Picture of Mystery Sampler
Before
 And now it looks like this:

Progress Picture of Mystery Sampler
After



Page finish! And I finished the first band of the sampler! That minstrel looks really great, the designer did such a good job. Looking forward to tackling the next band. The DMC 115 floss really makes it look like it's glowing.

New Start & Also a Finish

 

Yep, that's right, a new start. I was feeling very festive, and during the twelve days of Christmas I was able to start and finish this lovely chart from gazette94 (link to the blog here )

Bonne Annee by gazette 94
Festive!

Close up!

This was such a fun, festive stitch! I did not use the called for colors. I have a drawer full of floss whose labels have fallen off. Their numbers are unknown, so I generally only use those colors when I do a small chart like this one.

I decided to make a few changes here and there. Instead of backstitch, I used french knots with Perle Cotton for the berries, and used a french knot for the eye also with Perle Cotton. Inspired by the blending of the Dimensions Gold kits, I stitched the leaves with a blend of two different greens, and I wanted to make the letters look like candy canes, so I blended white and red floss. Also, the snowflakes are stitched with three strands of white.

The fabric is from Hobby Lobby, 14 count (sparkly!) aida.


Next in the Rotation is...


Drum roll, drum roll, drum roll...

Contemporary Flag! 

Wow! Haven't drawn this one in a good long while. The fabric is really a joy to stitch on.

Happy Stitching!

Marisol   



 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading