Skip to main content

Weekly Cross Stitch Update #12

Winter Rolling in Again

The temperature is supposed to be 20 degrees soon! I don't know how many more cold fronts I can face. Glad I didn't plant anything in the garden yet.

Lent is coming up, Ash Wednesday is tomorrow already, and I'm having pancakes today. I don't think that I'll have a special project for Lent, but just continue my rotation.

Speaking of rotations, let's look at my progress over the past two weeks, shall we?


Progress on Trick or Treat Moon

Decided to work on this one for two weeks instead of one. I've been using purple and white a lot lately, but am pleased to report that I've moved onto using green floss!

Here's what it looked like the last time you saw it:

Trick or Treat Moon before
before

Look at that floss! So Halloween-ish. Here's what it looks like now:


Trick or Treat Moon after
after!

Can you see the outline of the bat?! Love love love the candy corn letters! I don't like candycorn ( Reese's Peanut Butter cup's are the King of Halloween candy) but those letters are really nice looking. You can sort of make out the pumpkin shape next to the T and the O. Very pleased with the coverage of the white floss. The black aida doesn't show through, which is a relief. Fabric is 18 count, which is fast becoming my favorite aida size.


Next in the Rotation is...


Drum roll, drum roll, drum roll...

Turkey Bay!

Can't even remember the last time I stitched on Turkey Bay. Great colors in this one. This post is very Fall oriented!

Happy Stitching!

Marisol 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Secret Doors, a New Chart, and a Tree

  Photo by  Stefan Steinbauer  on  Unsplash Do you know what I've always wanted? A secret door. And not just any secret door, but a secret door that looks like a bookcase. How cool would it be to wander through your house, and make a detour to your secret reading nook, that's nestled behind your secret door? I've heard that they sell them at places like Lowe's, so who knows, maybe one day I'll get one. It would be the perfect addition to the castle! While I don't have a secret door (sigh!) I do have a new listing in my Etsy shop. Behold! Here's a smaller sized, Irish inspired cross stitch monogram sampler. Motifs included throughout the design are classic Irish themes such as a shamrock, a harp, flowers associated with St. Brigid, Celtic knots, and Celtic bands. Perfect as desk or home decor to display your Irish pride. Great present for Irish friends or loved ones. In the pictured model above, the initials "A.Q." have been stitched. In the chart t...