Skip to main content

Friday Update and a Challenge

Wip Update 

Hello there my friends! The other morning, I stepped outside my back door and was pleasantly surprised; there was a crisp coolness in the air that I haven't felt since Spring. I think that Fall has finally arrived! The Fall's crisp, cool weather is one of the things that keeps me going through the awful (and sticky, hot, unbearable etc.) August weather. 

Some people aren't, but I think that I'm a seasonal stitcher (as in, I stitch Christmas wips during Christmas, Summer themed wips during the Summer. You get the idea.) Bearing that in mind, I've gotten a ton of stitching done on J is for Jack O Lantern by Prairie Schooler. 

Behold:

Ignore the cat with the missing ear. All in good time :) 

Look at that leaf. Stunning! It's taken a bit to get used to stitching on linen again.

Seasonally appropriate needle minder, courtesy of my Mother's seemingly endless button tin. Keep an eye out for unusual buttons, they can be made into fun and whimsical needle minders with a bit of glue and some magnets. 

Shop Update 

In honor of my favorite season, I thought it was time that some of my past creations get some more spotlight. Both of these charts are available in my Etsy shop, and the link to the shop is here. 

First up is Mini Autumn Triptych

Stitch this quick little design for Autumn, Halloween, or Thanksgiving, and get into that season where the leaves turn orange, the weather turns crisp, and the squirrels and little critters brace for winter. I used variegated floss to achieve the shaded effect of the acorn, leaf, and pumpkin.  

I stitched this on 18 count off white Aida. 

I used DMC floss, and the numbers are: 310  801  106  69  92  51

Stitch count is 94 wide x 37 high

Next is the lovely little small, Pumpkin Spice. Since everything is pumpkin spice flavored this time of year, why should your cross stitch be any different?

The leaves are falling, the weather is crisp and cool, and the smell of pumpkin spice coffee is wafting through the air. Why not greet the season with a cross stitch chart of a beloved beverage?

On the pictured model above I used all DMC, and 18 count Vintage Country Mocha Aida.

Finished size on 18 count Aida: 3 inches (7.8cm) wide x 3 inches (7.8cm) high.

Stitch count is 55 wide x 55 high.

Mind you, these listings are for digital downloads of the cross stitch charts. Nothing will be physically sent to you. The downloads are instant, so you can start stitching right away!

And a Challenge

I want to challenge myself a bit. From now on, I am going to attempt to make a blog post once a week. As a reward for this, (only if I keep it up and don't start slacking) I'll buy myself a treat. No, the treat won't be a new cross stitch chart. Recently, I counted how many wips I have and... let's not get into that ;) 

Wish me luck!

Happy Stitching!

Marisol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Secret Doors, a New Chart, and a Tree

  Photo by  Stefan Steinbauer  on  Unsplash Do you know what I've always wanted? A secret door. And not just any secret door, but a secret door that looks like a bookcase. How cool would it be to wander through your house, and make a detour to your secret reading nook, that's nestled behind your secret door? I've heard that they sell them at places like Lowe's, so who knows, maybe one day I'll get one. It would be the perfect addition to the castle! While I don't have a secret door (sigh!) I do have a new listing in my Etsy shop. Behold! Here's a smaller sized, Irish inspired cross stitch monogram sampler. Motifs included throughout the design are classic Irish themes such as a shamrock, a harp, flowers associated with St. Brigid, Celtic knots, and Celtic bands. Perfect as desk or home decor to display your Irish pride. Great present for Irish friends or loved ones. In the pictured model above, the initials "A.Q." have been stitched. In the chart t...