Skip to main content

Vampires, Spools of Floss and Turkeys

Hello cross stitchers. I feel relaxed and refreshed after my short vacation. How was your Halloween, All Saints and All Souls? All was quiet, fun, and seasonal here. We actually had some chilly weather, so that was nice. Good amount of trick-or-treaters and plenty of leftover candy (I promise that I won't eat it all. Hah) 

Vampires

In a questionable move (because I am a coward, I freely admit that) I checked out Dracula by Bram Stoker as an audiobook from the library. Unabridged and terrifying, it was read by Simon Vance. Glad he had a British accent. Somehow that makes audiobooks just a little bit better.


It'll be awhile before I throw the garbage out after sundown. 

Spools of Floss

While out at Michaels, I stumbled across this amazing floss. 


Floss? Are you sure it's not thread? After all it's on a spool? Nope, no mistake, it's definitley Anchor floss! 

Lord Libidan has a wonderful article about the spools of floss. From the article: 

"Recently the cross stitch world has been awash with opinions on Anchor Floss’ choice to move to spools in big box stores in North America, and away from the traditional skein. I’ve stayed away from talking about these in the past, as firstly, its North America only for now, and Anchor threads aren’t popular across the world (even if they scored highly in our roundup of the best cross stitch threads). In addition, you either love the idea, or hate it." 

Read the whole thing. 


Turkeys

Next up is the turkeys. But first, a final look back at this year's progress on Trick-or-Treat Moon. 


So much fun. Can't wait for October of next year! 

Now we move our focus to the next wip in the lineup. Naturally, it's going to be Turkey Bay. Here's where I'm starting from: 


Well that's all I have for now. Enjoy your week and happy stitching! 

Marisol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading