Skip to main content

Of Turkeys and Floss Colors

Gobble Gobble

Hello stitchers. It has been a quiet and pleasant week. But wow has the week just flown by, it went from Sunday to Saturday at breakneck speed. November has done the same thing, I can hardly believe that next week is Thanksgiving. That being said, it's also dawned on me that the time I have to get a finish on Turkey Bay is dwindling away. 

Here's my progress so far:

The colors are much more appealing in real life. It's just an overcast day at my castle. Now, the original chart intended that flower behind the pilgrims head to be a pale pink. Through some mistake, that flower is brown. But I'm ok with it. I don't want to frog the flower, and I also think it has some charm. I'll call it the gravy flower.

The black and gold border is stitching up quickly. I decided to stitch it with 3 strands of floss instead of 2 because I like the way the 3 strands really pop. 

The waves were enjoyable to stitch, not just because I was ready for a change after all those shades of brown. Note the beginning of a turkey in the bottom left.

Come Advent, I don't think I'll make a new start. Instead I'll work on some other wip. More on that soon. 

Happy Stitching!

Marisol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading