Skip to main content

Canva, Cross Stitch, and Synthwave Oh My!

I like creating things. Ever since I was a little girl, I've tried my hand at different crafts; watercolor, finger-painting (messy), Lego's, even making hand puppets. Cross Stitch has stuck with me the longest, but once in a while I like to branch out into something completely different. The other day I was seized by a creative brainstorm, and signed up for an account on Canva. (Nope, not a promoted post! I just like sharing new sites and tools!) 

I was promised a fun site, infinite tools for designing and creating beautiful graphic art- and they delivered! Here is the fruit of my brief but productive sojourn in Canva-land. 


Isn't that just pretty? Here is a picture of one of my first creations:


Simple, but I'm fond of it! In case you want a copy, here is a link to my Etsy shop.

On the Cross Stitch frontier, things are going very well with my new Irish sampler. My progress so far:


Loved stitching that band on the right. 

And I'm just chugging away with Russian Hunting. I've made so much progress on Russian Hunting, I don't want to put it down! Think I'll keep stitching on this one for awhile. Progress:

Maybe you wouldn't think so at first, but stitching the sky and the trees are really enjoyable.

And last but certainly not least, some music for your stitching time:


Enjoy, and happy stitching!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading