Skip to main content

A Thank You, Pink Floss, and Monday Music

Good Monday morning! 

Dear reader, I hope that you had an enjoyable week. I love stitching, and writing about my cross stitch adventures. The floss, the WIP's, designing new charts, and seeing my projects come to life on the fabric is so rewarding. I try to make steady progress on my WIP's throughout the week, so that on Monday I can show you a good amount of progress. Also, I like sharing articles, videos, or pieces of music that caught my eye. Monday for me is an enjoyable day, because that's the day I write to you. But imagine my surprise when I looked at the blog traffic recently! It's been like Grand Central station! (Please allow me to apply a slight hyperbole). America has claimed the lion's share, but there are international stitchers paying me a visit too. To two groups of stitchers whose languages I dabble in, I say ようこそ and bienvenue! And to everyone; thank you so much for reading my posts. 

Shall we dig into some cross stitch? 

First up, we have Paris Market:


Just 10 x 10, and parking my threads. My most exciting update (besides my use of pink floss in the bottommost square) is that I had to move the fabric in the Q-Snaps, because I'm chugging away to the bottom of the chart. Bit by bit!

The dragon wing is coming along nicely in the Linen & Threads Mystery sampler:


Much more progress this week than last week, because the frog DID NOT come to visit. The sunbeams remind me of a jester, what with those two dramatic shades of red.

I'm using a really cool site called Linktree. It's a quick way to find me on the other platforms I use. Link to that is here if you want to see the other places you can find me. Disclosure; they are not sponsoring this post, I just think it's nifty and wanted to share it with you :)

Last but not least, here's some cheerful music to play on this beautiful day. See you soon!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading