Skip to main content

Sunny Days, a Frog Visitor and a Banquet

 Some good news and some bad news to start off with. Good news; it's sunny again so I can take photos in great lighting. Bad news; it's gotten hotter as it's gotten sunnier, to the tune of a 104 degree day. I'm melting.

Now let's ignore the melting blogger and turn our attention to my cross stitch progress. First up is the Mystery Sampler:

The dragon is really starting to appear! I would have quite a bit more of the dragon to show you, but unfortunately the frog came to visit... twice. And in the same part of the chart. It happens! Now we’ll zoom out and see the wider chart:

Next is Paris Market:

You can sort of distinguish the side of the building now. There is a mistake somewhere, but I think I can fudge. New plan for this week though. Instead of continuing up the building, I'm going to go to the bottom left, and start stitching in ten by ten blocks again. I really enjoyed stitching in ten by ten blocks when I was working on Nikolai (Russian Hunting by Riolis) and I think if I went back to that method it would be easier to follow the chart and I would make faster progress.

Do you like dining out? Do you like riding horses? Have I got a story for you.

If you liked this post, please consider sharing it with your friends, family, or anyone else that you think will like it. Happy stitching!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Secret Doors, a New Chart, and a Tree

  Photo by  Stefan Steinbauer  on  Unsplash Do you know what I've always wanted? A secret door. And not just any secret door, but a secret door that looks like a bookcase. How cool would it be to wander through your house, and make a detour to your secret reading nook, that's nestled behind your secret door? I've heard that they sell them at places like Lowe's, so who knows, maybe one day I'll get one. It would be the perfect addition to the castle! While I don't have a secret door (sigh!) I do have a new listing in my Etsy shop. Behold! Here's a smaller sized, Irish inspired cross stitch monogram sampler. Motifs included throughout the design are classic Irish themes such as a shamrock, a harp, flowers associated with St. Brigid, Celtic knots, and Celtic bands. Perfect as desk or home decor to display your Irish pride. Great present for Irish friends or loved ones. In the pictured model above, the initials "A.Q." have been stitched. In the chart t...