Skip to main content

Turkeys, Weddings, and Ireland

October was here and gone. That means a few things here at the Castle. The first is that the Halloween decorations have been put away, and Fall decorations will take their place. Secondly, Trick-or-treat moon will return to its project bag- and Turkey Bay gets to come out for a whole month.

Pretty good progress for one month! Getting that border connected was really rewarding. I never did get to the Cats mouth though…

Anyway. More pictures:

Behold! My Autumn project bag!

And that's where I got to on Turkey Bay last year. First stop, finishing that Turkey in the bottom-left corner. Modest goal for this month- finish Turkey Bay.

Lately, I've noticed that when people stitch my Irish charts, they've been adding a surname and a wedding date. Currently, I don't have a chart that allows for that. So, I've decided to design an Irish wedding sampler. It will have numbers, letters, and a place to put a wedding name, and a wedding date. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, here's a link to my Irish Charts that are currently available, if you're interested in looking at them:

Irish Symmetry

Irish Christmas

Irish House Sampler

Irish Welcome

Also, I plan on posting a WIP update to my Instagram everyday that I stitch on Turkey Bay this month. If you want to follow me over there, I’m @emnellie_cross_stitch

If I don’t get too lost in designing my new wedding sampler, I plan on posting a new freebie. More on that in my next post!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading