Skip to main content
Don't you just love November? Thanksgiving, Fall weather, wrapping Christmas presents in anticipation of December. It's a lovely month.

A general observation. People seem to split into two camps- those who stay in Autumn mode in November, and those who start decorating their house with Christmas decor in November. I'm a Autumn mode in November person. Here's a good example of this. Would you eat those Little Debbie Christmas Tree cakes this month? Or would you wait for next month? Are you listening to your Michael Buble Christmas album of an evening this month, or not?

Moving on to my WIP update, here's my progress on Turkey Bay:


The gravy boat is looking good! And those waves are so fun to stitch 🌊

I've also picked up Red Alphabet Sampler again. Finished the letter N and now I'm working on the letter O:

Sorry about the poor lighting, but I'm writing this post in the evening. Anyways. This chart is one that I designed, and while supplies last, I'm giving away free PDF copies of this chart. Link is here if you're interested!

Since last week, I've rolled up my sleeves and started working on my latest chart. It's an Irish wedding sampler, and so far I'm pretty pleased with how it's coming along! But that's all I'll say for now… next post I'll be giving you a behind the scenes sneak peek!

Happy stitching!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading