Skip to main content

Flamingos, a Freebie, and a Menagerie

 

Photo by Sharisse Bullock on Unsplash

Do you ever set a color of the year for yourself? I do. Sometime last year, I decided that if I was going to purchase something, it would be pink. I even changed the theme of my computer to pink! As I’m typing you this blog post I’m surrounded by a pink theme on my computer, a pink planner, and a pink watch strap. When I was choosing the picture for this post, I wanted to have something pink to greet you, and my mind instantly went to Flamingos. A scientist may claim that the Flamingos in that picture are communicating about potential predator threats, or about their food. But as stitchers we all know they’re talking about their latest cross stitch purchases. They just have that look about them!

Speaking of cross stitch, let’s see where I got to on Nikolai since my last post.




Behold! A finished column! It makes me so very happy to complete that column before putting him away again until the Winter. Since picking him up again in January, I think that I’ve come a good, long way towards the end of this page. I do wish that I had gotten more columns stitched, but that’s OK. All I can do is set more time aside for stitching next time!


It’s getting far too green and warm here at the Castle to be stitching a snowy scene though.

With Nikolai put away until Winter, *drumroll drumroll drumroll* I’m going to start stitching on Medieval Menagerie! For a quick reminder of where I got to the last time I put this project away, please refer to this blog post here.


My first step will definitely be stitching that missing motif. After that, the next band is a pair of phoenixes, which is incredibly exciting. To see the chart (or purchase it for yourself) you can go the designer’s site at this link here.

Do you need some summer stitching? Or maybe you’re just dreaming of the sea. In any case, I have the perfect cross stitch freebie for you.


Click here to get your Mini Ship Sampler Freebie!


Happy stitching!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth of July Freebie

Happy Independence Day! Hope everyone had a lovely Fourth of July! Posting this a few days late, but if you still have that patriotic Independence Day spirit, and a need to stitch something along those lines, click the link and stitch away. Or add it to your stash for next year :) The link to the chart is here Happy Stitching! Marisol

The Sun, Palace Dwellers, and Books

You know how it is. When you look at Etsy, browse a bit, find an amazing chart... BAM! Suddenly, your project pile (that you just promised to stop growing) is in sudden need of a new chart. Here's what I saw. Hobbiton looks amazing, but I want Rohan too. Okay, so this one needs to go on my rotation as well... I might need more project bags and Q Snaps.  Exciting developments this week on the Mystery band sampler by Linen & Threads! I'll let the picture speak for itself: The sun has arrived, and the first dragon has too! Now I can start brainstorming a name for it. Leave a comment below if you have any ideas.  You know how when you go on city tours, the tour guide lifts her umbrella and says, "Follow the umbrella! This way please!" Well, follow the umbrella to the next WIP, Paris Market: Isn't the 10 x 10 method remarkable? You can cover a TON of ground in no time flat. This part of the chart is almost exclusively half stitches as well, so that has something to

Ginger Ale, Halloween Treats, and a Dog

Happy Tuesday! We need to have a serious discussion about how underrated Ginger Ale is. I think that most people will only reach for the bubbly beverage when they feel ill, but I like the taste all the time. It could be because I like the taste of ginger in general, especially Gin Gins (a delicious ginger candy with amazing illustrations of Ginger People on the bag;  the link is HERE for those of you who are interested ). The flavor isn’t the only appealing thing. Think about it; the bubbles, the crisp, clean flavor that you don’t get after drinking a Coke, and that champagne-like color all combine to make it one of my favorite drinks. Full disclosure- I’m sipping a can of one right now as I write this post. Making some steady progress on Trick-Or-Treat Moon:  Filling in the pale yellow on the face was super quick. I think I was off one somewhere on the word “Treat” at the top, but it won’t make a big difference, so I won’t worry about ripping it out. It’s such a treat (haha, there’s a