Skip to main content

Stitching Schedule, a Started Project, and a New Phoenix

 



Phone Pillow / Kindle Stand Project

Do you find yourself reading more once the weather starts getting cooler? I definitely read more- which makes me want to finish this project even sooner, considering it's already Fall.

Just when I had set aside time for the project, picked out the ribbon and the fabric, and reached for my other supplies, disaster struck. Yes, dear reader, I didn't have the supplies to make the stand. I was certain that I had everything, but alas, it wasn't so. Don't you hate it when that happens? Until I get the supplies, I won't be able to continue with this pillow stand. But to say I officially started it, I cut the fabric to the proper size. Here are the pictures of my progress: 




A New Phoenix Has Arrived

Here's the new phoenix! Well, just the top part of one of it's wings... but we're still going to count it as a new arrival. 

Medieval Menagerie by Fox and Rabbit Designs

Each day brings me closer and closer to stitching that egg with Kreinik. Soon. Soon. It will look magnificent.

Stitching Rotation

My stitching schedule for the next few months looks like this.

September: Medieval Menagerie. Hopefully, I can finish this phoenix band before the end of the month!

October: Trick or Treat Moon. I love October so very much, and this is the perfect seasonal project to work on.

November: Medieval Menagerie again. Can you tell I want to see this one hanging on the wall of the Castle Library?

December: Nikolai. It's been a while since I posted a picture of him. If you want a refresher on my progress on this WIP, or if you're new here (hi!) and don't know who Nikolai is, click on this link to see one of my older blog posts.  

So that's the plan, but it's not set in stone. I may end up changing it just because which is as good a reason as any!

See you next time, and happy stitching!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading