Skip to main content

Jane Austen Cross Stitch Patterns

 

Photo by Elaine Howlin on Unsplash


Happy Pride and Prejudice Day! In honor of this wonderful day, I will not only be watching Pride and Prejudice later (the 1995 BBC one) I’m also sharing a list of the Jane Austen, and Austen-ish cross stitch patterns that I’ve made. By the end of this post, you’ll have Mr. Bingley wondering at all the accomplishments cross stitchers have these days ;)

  1. Regency Silhouettes: There are two charts here, and I like to think that they’re Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. I wanted them to look like the silhouettes that you see on the walls in period dramas. Available as a freebie, here’s the link.

  2. This is a great chart for all bookworms, with motifs inspired by Victorian wallpaper and the covers of vintage books. Caroline Bingley would be stitching this for her library, because we know that she can’t survive without good literature. Available in my Etsy shop, link is here.

  3. I like to imagine Jane Austen staying up late, reading a new book, or adding some new lines to her manuscripts. That would have been by candlelight, and this bookmark pattern captures that perfectly. Available in my Etsy shop, link is here.

  4. I designed this one to look like a traditional red sampler. You could easily call the house in this sampler Longbourne, Pemberley, or any one of the other houses mentioned in one of Austen’s books. Available as a freebie, here’s the link.

  5. I love the scene in the 1995 BBC series where Mr. Collins is showing his family around the gardens, and they start getting attacked by bees. Well, even Mr. Collins gets an honorable mention in this list, so here’s a bee sampler for you, Mr. Collins. I’m sure Lady Catherine would approve. Available in my Etsy shop, link is here.

  6. When I designed this sampler, I was inspired by Regency and Victorian era book covers. You know the ones; they have those beautiful intricate bands and motifs. This sampler would look great on a bookshelf or hanging in your library or cozy reading spot. Available in my Etsy shop, link is here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading