Skip to main content

A Secret Garden, a Princess's Dress, and a Beekeeper Dog

 

Photo by Ignacio Correia on Unsplash


Secret Garden SAL

Stop the presses! Put down any project you were thinking of starting! CrossStitcher Magazine has a wonderful new SAL in their latest issue. From the magazine:

“Welcome to our new Stitch-A-Long! Designer Amanda Butler has created an amazing Library SAL – each month we will add another book to our Library shelves, which could be a childhood favourite or bestselling classic, and we hope you will find your favourite amongst them.”

The first part of the SAL is The Secret Garden. (Click this link here to see what it looks like) I love this book! I didn’t read it as a child, but I read it a few years ago after someone recommended it to me. It’s such a great story, and the ending is simply marvellous. This chart is so beautiful. I love how those roses look, and the purple at the bottom complements the green floss so well. It will be very interesting to see what the other books in the SAL are! I’m definitely going to stitch this Secret Garden one, but I think I’ll only stitch the other parts of the series if I like the book. However, since I’m going to be stitching Trick-or-Treat Moon for September and October, I’ll just place this chart in my pile of charts for later (which is starting to become a mountain instead of a pile).

Note: If you’re in the US and you have a public library card, you might be able to check out a digital version of this magazine through Libby.

P.S. This is not a sponsored post!

WIP Update

I haven’t made a ton of progress since my last post, but there’s progress nonetheless:



As I write this, September is getting closer and closer, and my mind is drifting towards Trick-or-Treat Moon. But I’ll be disciplined and stay focused on Aurora! In hindsight, thinking of reaching any of the letters at the bottom of the chart before September starts seems wildly ambitious. It’s all OK, though. Progress is progress, and I’m more of a process stitcher anyway. That being said, I’m hoping to finish a good chunk of stitching on Aurora before September starts. I always feel a bit bad for my WIPs when I’m about to pack them away for a while, so I like to give them a bit of extra attention and more stitching time before they go on vacation.

Odds & Ends

What a good girl! And look at her adorable little bee suit: 


There’s a new chart in my shop! Morning and Evening Prayers by EmnEllie on Etsy

I’m not saying that I’m a medieval princess, but if I were a medieval princess, this is the dress I would wear:


Happy stitching! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading