Skip to main content

Weekly Cross Stitch Update #4

A Brief Word

Didn't post the Monday update yesterday. Sorry! I got caught up stitching, and watching the Christmas special of one of favorite murder mysteries. Oops! Since there will probably be other times when I neglect to post on Monday, I'm going to re-name it,"Weekly Cross Stitch Update."

Moving on to...

Fantasy Triptych Progress

I decided to focus on the ground this week. Made a slight mistake, but was able to work around it without the frog paying a visit (thank goodness!)

Here's what it looked like at the beginning of the week:

Fantasy Triptych - before
Fantasy Triptych- before
I'm working on the ground in front of the castle. It's the middle panel, and I love the watercolor look of the grass and the dirt. I believe that a little to the left there is a lake.

And here's where I got to:

Fantasy Triptych- after
Fantasy Triptych- after
Huzzah! All of you Wentzler stitchers out there understand! Very pleased with my progress, glad I didn't have to end up frogging, and I have also decided that my plan of attack for this one the next time I draw it, will be to continue working in one area until it's all filled in.

Next in the Rotation is...

Drum roll, drum roll, drum roll...

Leilani! It may be cold outside and Christmas-ish, but I will be in tropical Hawaii. Woo hoo! My first Mirabilia, and I'm enjoying every second of it. Planning to make good progress on her skirt, stitch a few of the flowers in her skirt, and (maybe!) start her skin. Can't wait!

While I stitch on her, I'll probably be watching even more Christmas specials of my favorite murder mysteries, curling up with my cat, and drinking some coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. Probably a lot of tea with honey, as I have caught another cold. See you next week!

Happy Stitching!

Marisol 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading