Skip to main content

Weekly Cross Stitch Update #5

Hello Again!


Unfortunately, Texas weather has decided to turn warm again(sob sob sob). But the good news is that I still feel in the Advent spirit! Lots more people in my neighborhood have put up their Christmas lights. I've been marching my way through Christmas specials of my favorite murder mysteries, and as of yesterday, started chowing down on fruitcake.

I've listened to Fiber Talk once or twice before, but this week I listened to the Midweek Chat. It was great! Vonna and Gary are so funny, and it's nice to listen to people discussing Cross Stitch while I cross stitch. Now, I do watch Flosstube, but lately I've been listening to a TON of podcasts. I use an app called Stitcher (link is here) that my mother recommended. It's nice to listen to podcasts while I stitch, because then I don't have to keep looking up at the TV screen. Want to listen to Fiber Talk? The website is here

Leilani Progress


Motivated by the beautiful Leilani and the lovely Caron Waterlilies, I've made a nice amount of progress this week on her skirt. Here's what she looked like the last time you saw her:

Leilani before picture
Leilani, before
The waterlilies are a joy to stitch with. Here's what she looks like now:

Leilani, after


close up picture
Close up!
Her skirt really has a lot of movement. It's been really fun watching her slowly start to appear. No progress on the skin, unfortunately, but I am pleased with the amount of skirt that I was able to stitch. 

 

Next in the Rotation is...


Drum roll, drum roll, drum roll...

Wild Card! 

Okay, that's exciting! I think I might devote the week to my mystery sampler. If I'm not mistaken the page I'm currently working on is almost done. That one's the last page of the first band. Or maybe I'll stitch on more than one project. Lot's to plan!

Happy Stitching!

Marisol

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Secret Doors, a New Chart, and a Tree

  Photo by  Stefan Steinbauer  on  Unsplash Do you know what I've always wanted? A secret door. And not just any secret door, but a secret door that looks like a bookcase. How cool would it be to wander through your house, and make a detour to your secret reading nook, that's nestled behind your secret door? I've heard that they sell them at places like Lowe's, so who knows, maybe one day I'll get one. It would be the perfect addition to the castle! While I don't have a secret door (sigh!) I do have a new listing in my Etsy shop. Behold! Here's a smaller sized, Irish inspired cross stitch monogram sampler. Motifs included throughout the design are classic Irish themes such as a shamrock, a harp, flowers associated with St. Brigid, Celtic knots, and Celtic bands. Perfect as desk or home decor to display your Irish pride. Great present for Irish friends or loved ones. In the pictured model above, the initials "A.Q." have been stitched. In the chart t...