Skip to main content

Four Calling Birds!

 

Merry Fourth Day of Christmas!


Xavier Romero-Frias, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

How is your Christmas so far, dear reader? There's cookies, ham, carols, and cross stitch here at the Castle! I'll be posting here a bit oftener than usual, so get ready for a big Christmas party here on the blog. 

Cross Stitch Corner


As promised on my last post, I've made some great progress on my DMC Nutcracker freebie, (which can be found here at this link, for anyone who wants to stitch along with me).

Here's my first two WIP update pictures: 





Hopefully, I'll get to his blue pants tomorrow. While there is a wreath in the chart, I'm just going to stitch the nutcracker. The wreath looks wonderful, but I'm really focused on the Nutcracker. Not using the called for threads, instead I just reached into my floss stash and chose the colors that caught my eye. Stitching him with 3 strands of floss on what I think is some sort of 36 count linen (also from my stash!)

Gather 'Round The Christmas Fire

A big part of Christmas celebrations revolve around food! I was unaware about the goose cleaning up the fields: 


Merry Christmas and happy stitching!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading