Skip to main content

Christmas Wrap-Up, A Full Coverage Cross Stitch, and Bees




Happy Tuesday! I'm feeling refreshed and ready to go after the 12 Days of Christmas! The decorations are down (although winter themed decorations are still out) all of the cookies are gone, and the Castle living room is looking much more spacious since the tree was tucked away safe in it's box.

My big cross stitch goal for Christmas was to finish a DMC Nutcracker freebie. Without further ado, I would like to introduce you to my friend The Nutcracker:





Look at that coat! Those soulful eyes! His boots are polished! Hat's off to DMC for this incredibly fun chart. My plan is to finish him as a Christmas ornament. Nothing fancy, just a standard Christmas ornament finish. I'll post pictures when I start doing that.

If you want to see my progress from start to finish, here are the links to my blog posts. I posted pretty often over the 12 Days, so enjoy!





Now that The Nutcracker is finished and out of my rotation, I can once more turn my attention to Russian Hunting by Riolis, AKA Nikolai. Click the link to this post here, to see my last WIP update picture. I'm really excited to get back to stitching this full coverage project, with colors completely different from The Nutcracker. It's not that I mind those colors, it's just that the prospect of a new color pallette is something to look forward to!

This Bee video is mesmerizing.

Happy stitching!

*Honey Photo by Art Rachen on Unsplash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Secret Doors, a New Chart, and a Tree

  Photo by  Stefan Steinbauer  on  Unsplash Do you know what I've always wanted? A secret door. And not just any secret door, but a secret door that looks like a bookcase. How cool would it be to wander through your house, and make a detour to your secret reading nook, that's nestled behind your secret door? I've heard that they sell them at places like Lowe's, so who knows, maybe one day I'll get one. It would be the perfect addition to the castle! While I don't have a secret door (sigh!) I do have a new listing in my Etsy shop. Behold! Here's a smaller sized, Irish inspired cross stitch monogram sampler. Motifs included throughout the design are classic Irish themes such as a shamrock, a harp, flowers associated with St. Brigid, Celtic knots, and Celtic bands. Perfect as desk or home decor to display your Irish pride. Great present for Irish friends or loved ones. In the pictured model above, the initials "A.Q." have been stitched. In the chart t...