Skip to main content

A Market, Some Dragons, and a Refreshing Snack

 

Pondering my Rotation

So there I was, sitting in my sewing room. Across from me on the table was my lap stand.

“Why,” I pondered, “Do I only have one wip in my rotation right now, when I have two stands?”

Originally, I limited myself to one WIP so I could focus on a finish, among other reasons. But after stitching on Russian Hunt using the 25/7 method (which is sort of like the Pomodoro technique) I’ve decided that I have more than enough time to add another WIP to my rotation.

So which one did I choose? Off the top of my head, I think I have under ten WIPS in total. While that’s not as much as other people, I feel a tad bit overwhelmed with that number. Last year, I did manage to get a few finished. That felt good, so I’m not going to allow myself any new starts until I complete my current set of WIPS.

With that being said, I had a bunch of very pretty WIPS to choose from! My living room turned into center stage for a WIP parade (apologies for not taking any pictures!).

Leilani and Contemporary Flag felt a bit too summer-ish for me. Yes, I am a seasonal stitcher. Candy Moon and Turkey Bay were much too perfect for the Fall. That left me with Treasure Mermaid, Fantasy Triptych by Teresa Wentzler, Great Wave Off Kanagawa, and Paris Market. 

It was a close call, but I decided to stitch on Paris Market by Dimensions. The link to the 123 Stitch listing is here if you want to buy it. My progress this week:

Doesn’t that just yell SPRING in all caps? Those flowers, the colors, the soft light. Oui!

Here’s the plan; stitch for 25 minutes a day on the Linen & Threads band sampler and Paris Market.

Also, I might listen to this very appropriate music while stitching.

WIP Update

Last week, I was pretty sure that I would be starting a new band, and sure enough, that’s what happened:

Check it out! Someone told me that it reminds them of a wrought iron gate. The next band features a couple of dragons and a cool-looking sun with a face. 

It’s such a joy to stitch on this one. My progress has slowed down a bit, but that’s because I don’t have a repetitive pattern to follow anymore. Doesn’t that tree limb look great? Heads up, I’m going to name the dragons.

Freebies

I set up a page on my blog that lists all of my free charts. Stitch them, print them out, share them with your family and friends. Happy stitching! Here’s the link.

Odds and Ends

Orange is one of my favorite flavors. It's such a sparkly, cheerful food! The other day as I was scrolling through my YouTube feed, this great little video popped up. 

It's so simple, quick, and tasty looking. Just right for a little springtime snack. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Secret Doors, a New Chart, and a Tree

  Photo by  Stefan Steinbauer  on  Unsplash Do you know what I've always wanted? A secret door. And not just any secret door, but a secret door that looks like a bookcase. How cool would it be to wander through your house, and make a detour to your secret reading nook, that's nestled behind your secret door? I've heard that they sell them at places like Lowe's, so who knows, maybe one day I'll get one. It would be the perfect addition to the castle! While I don't have a secret door (sigh!) I do have a new listing in my Etsy shop. Behold! Here's a smaller sized, Irish inspired cross stitch monogram sampler. Motifs included throughout the design are classic Irish themes such as a shamrock, a harp, flowers associated with St. Brigid, Celtic knots, and Celtic bands. Perfect as desk or home decor to display your Irish pride. Great present for Irish friends or loved ones. In the pictured model above, the initials "A.Q." have been stitched. In the chart t...