Skip to main content

Digital Rain, Progress on a Band, and Shakespeare

Happy April everybody! They say that April showers bring May flowers, so let's hope that's true this year. It seems like April mostly brings me a bad case of allergies, but let's be optimists this year and say it will bring lots of lovely rain storms. 

Don't you just love the sound of rain? I do. There's nothing quite like being in the middle of a rain storm, hearing the patter of the drops, and smelling that fresh, clean rain water smell. If we don't get calming spring showers, then I'll be forced to take drastic steps- digital rain. Have you seen this type of video before? 


Isn't that just the most cozy looking stitching chair? And look, there's a nice lamp too. This video is very pleasant to have on in the background when you're stitching or reading. Over Christmas I read the Lord of the Rings books with this playing.

Side note; what the heck did they do to Faramir in the films? The difference between the book Faramir and the film Faramir is startling. He's a thousand times more likeable in the books. Mind you, I still like the films overall. Ok, rant over, back to talking about digital rain. 

My cat, Lady Caterine De Purr, (here is her namesake. They have very similar personalities) is fascinated by any fireplace noises in the videos. 

Cross Stitch Update 

If you want to see what my progress was last week, here's a link to a post with a before picture.

And here's what I've stitched since then:


I didn't realize how far I've gotten! The motifs are repetitive in a good way, and I'm currently on a part of the floss that is bright red. Doesn't the DMC 115 make the pattern glow? I think I'll be starting a new band in the coming week. Hurrah!

Water is wet. The sky is blue. Everyone likes free cross stitch charts. That's a fact of the universe. Keep your eyes on this blog 👀 around every three weeks, because that's when I plan on posting cross stitch freebies. Here's a link to all the free designs I've made so far.

Music to Stitch to

While I was writing this blog post, this piece of music started playing on the radio. 



It's a really beautiful piece. I don't think there's a person in the world who hasn't heard at least part of it. If you want to learn more about how it was written and whatnot, here's a link to an entry in the Encyclopedia Britannica. 

Happy Stitching!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Fashionably Late Wishes, Tons of Flowers, and Ravioli

Happy Tuesday! Although it’s a bit late, happy World Cross Stitch Day! Mind you, I didn’t know that World Cross Stitch Day even existed, but now that I do, I’m prepared for next year. Maybe I’ll make a chart in commemoration of the day… maybe. But that’s all the way in the future, and a whole year from now. Stay tuned! Click here to continue reading