Skip to main content

Long-Armed Cross Stitch, a Lunch Bag, and a Harp

 

It’s Easter!

Happy Easter! Wishing all of my cross stitch friends a joyous and blessed Easter season!

Long-Armed Cross Stitch

The other day, I encountered a new-to-me type of stitch, the long-armed cross stitch. Here's a handy video tutorial:

It's a great stitch, and it can cover so much ground in no time. It gives a great textured look too. I came across this stitch when I was helping someone out with a sampler they were stitching. But now that I've encountered this stitch, I just have to incorporate it in one of my designs.

Have you ever used this stitch before?

WIP Update

 As you can see, I've been spending my time wisely in a French Café:

It's stitching up much faster than I thought it would, but I think that's just because I'm using a lot of half stitches right now. 

Moving on to the band sampler, I finished that tree:

We're getting quite close to the first dragon! Those plants look pretty nifty.

Odds & Ends

Did you ever pack your lunch in a brown paper sack? My Mama used to pack my lunches in brown paper sacks all the time. Look what I found on Etsy. How cool is that? 

Here's some ethereal harp music to play while you stitch. It was originally written for the piano, but I like this harp version too. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Update: Halloween Moon Edition

Halloween Stitching Time!  For the most part, Cross Stitch people fall into two camps: seasonal stitchers, and non-seasonal stitchers. After pondering this question for a bit, I've decided that I'm firmly in the seasonal stitcher camp.  Bearing that in mind, you can imagine how excited I am about my Halloween wip 👻🎃 It's been awhile since you've seen this one, so allow me to re-introduce you to Trick or Treat Moon   Stunning. Found it in this magazine, Cross Stitch & Needlework, October 1996: This issue has an absolute ton of amazing Halloween and Fall charts. If Halloween stitching is something you like, then this magazine is a must have.  I think I started this one two years ago. Maybe last year... Anyway, here's my progress so far: That checkerboard border is so much fun. It stitches up really fast. Zooming in on that purple blob on the right: Yes, that is a cat. It may not look like much now, but just you wai...

Quilt Block Sampler

 It's been a while since I posted a free cross stitch chart, so here you go: Isn't it pretty? I designed this one a while ago, but never got around to posting it. I've noticed a lot of quilters have been getting in to cross stitch lately. Welcome to the cross stitch world! Maybe this chart will be stitched by quilters who like cross stitch, and cross stitchers who like quilting.  Some details about this chart: stitch count is 70w x 70h If you stitch it on 18 count aida, the dimensions will be approximately 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) wide by 3-3/4 inches (9.9cm) high.  It uses 3 colors, all in DMC: Blanc, 996, 801 Link to the free PDF is here  Leave a comment below with your progress pics and any color changes you make!  Happy Stitching!

Secret Doors, a New Chart, and a Tree

  Photo by  Stefan Steinbauer  on  Unsplash Do you know what I've always wanted? A secret door. And not just any secret door, but a secret door that looks like a bookcase. How cool would it be to wander through your house, and make a detour to your secret reading nook, that's nestled behind your secret door? I've heard that they sell them at places like Lowe's, so who knows, maybe one day I'll get one. It would be the perfect addition to the castle! While I don't have a secret door (sigh!) I do have a new listing in my Etsy shop. Behold! Here's a smaller sized, Irish inspired cross stitch monogram sampler. Motifs included throughout the design are classic Irish themes such as a shamrock, a harp, flowers associated with St. Brigid, Celtic knots, and Celtic bands. Perfect as desk or home decor to display your Irish pride. Great present for Irish friends or loved ones. In the pictured model above, the initials "A.Q." have been stitched. In the chart t...